In this policy:
- “we” or “NetValue” means NetValue Web Solutions Limited.
- “you” means you, the person using our services, or visiting our Web site
- “services” means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including allowing you to access our Web site.
Other policies applying to our services
If you are just surfing and reading the information on our Web site, then we may collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet;
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using;
- the date and time you are visiting;
- the URLs of the pages you visit;
- if you provide it, your email address.
We use that information to measure the number of visitors to different parts of the site and, for example, to measure the effectiveness of advertising. We do not disclose information about individual machines except for the reasons set out below.
We do not sell information which identifies you personally.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
Additional Privacy Provisions for Other NetValue Services
If you use services other than just our web site information generally available to all visitors, NetValue’s Standard Terms of Service sets out our commitments to you regarding collecting, holding and using information about you.
Changing this Policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our Web site. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the Web site.
While you have an agreement with any NetValue company, you agree that we and other NetValue companies may collect information about you. The information may be obtained from you and others or generated within the equipment used to provide our services when you or anyone else uses our services. You may decide whether to provide any information any of us seeks from you. However, if you do not provide it, we and other NetValue companies may not be able to provide services for you.
You may ask to see information any of us holds about you, so long as we can readily retrieve it, and ask for any details that are wrong to be corrected.
Holding and Using Information
We may hold the information and share it with each other, with employees and contractors of NetValue companies, with credit reference agencies and with collection agencies. This enables us and other NetValue companies and agencies to:
- provide services for you and others
- send you bills and recover the money you owe
- keep you informed of services available to you from us and other people
- exercise any lawful right any of us has.
If you tell us you have an interest in a particular topic, we may send you information about that topic.
We may share with network operators any information needed to enable you to use the services; this does not include your name and address.
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement authorities (such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs) if we think that it is necessary; for example, to help maintain the law. We may occasionally monitor telephone calls between customers and our personnel so as to help train our personnel to provide better customer service. Any information we collect by doing this will be used in strict compliance with privacy laws.